- At the end of Q3-2019, Timbercreek Financial Corp. (“TF”, “company”, “MIC”) had $1.18 billion in mortgage receivables (net), down 3.3% QoQ, and 3.4% YTD. Originations continued to drop on a YoY basis due to a sustained competitive environment for mortgages on cash flowing commercial real estate. However, in the Q3 conference call, mangement indicated that the company entered Q4 with a strong deal pipeline.
- In Q3-2019, TF generated $25 million in revenues (up 1% YoY), and $14 million in net income / EPS: $0.19 (up 2% YoY).
- We estimate that the dividend yield (dividends as a percentage of invested capital) remained unchanged YoY at 7.89% p.a. in Q3-2019.
- We are maintaining our 2019 dividend estimate at $0.69 per share, and our 2020 estimate at $0.70 per share.
- Most key portfolio parameters remained unchanged QoQ. However, we believe an increase in exposure to income producing properties (from 86.1% to 87.4%) has further lowered the portfolio’s risk profile.
- We continue to believe that TF’s high percentage of first mortgages on income producing properties makes its portfolio of significantly lower risk relative to other MICs.
Visit Timbercreek Financial Corp. page for more research, discussion boards and to like, and share.