- In July 2019, South Star Mining (“STS”, “company”) announced an updated resource estimate on its 100% owned Santa Cruz flake graphite project in Brazil.
- The updated estimate reported resources in the measured category for the first time. The total in-situ resource (across all categories) increased 3% to 0.52 Mt at 2.30% Cg.
- A Pre-Feasibility Study (“PFS”) is expected in Q3-2019. A Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”) completed in 2017 had shown an after-tax Net Present Value (“NPV”) at 5% of US$117 million, with an extremely high after-tax Internal Rate of Return (“IRR”) of 78%.
- The company is preparing to commence trial mining (a 5,000 tpy pilot plant) in 2020, for an estimated CAPEX of $5 – $7 million.
- The project benefits from at / near surface mineralization, with significant quantities of large, extra-large, and jumbo graphite flakes.
- Since our initiating report in October 2018, the company’s board has been restructured. The company also appointed a new CEO. Management and board members combined hold 23.9% of the total outstanding shares.
Visit South Star Battery Metals page for more research, discussion boards and to like, and share.
Are you enjoying the highlights?
Discover the company's fair value estimate from our certified analysts, identify potential risks, and explore exciting upcoming catalysts in our detailed report.