- Sonoro Metals Corp (“company”, “Sonoro”) holds two gold-silver exploration stage properties in Sonora, Mexico.
- Its flagship asset, named Cerro Caliche, is near several well-known operating and historic mines held by Agnico Eagle (TSX: AEM), Premier Gold (TSX: PG), Alio Gold (TSX: ALO), and First Majestic (TSX: FR).
- A maiden resource estimate on Cerro Caliche, completed in early 2019, showed an inferred resource of 201 Koz gold at 0.55 g/t AuEq (gold equivalent); the grade is in line with Alio Gold’s San Francisco mine located 70 km to the west.
- A majority of the resource at Cerro Caliche is highly oxidized, and potentially amenable to open-pit heap leach operations, similar to most of the other well-known mines in the region.
- Management is planning to initiate pilot operations this year (undisclosed budget). They are currently evaluating the potential to finance the proposed heap leach pilot operations by partnering with China-based Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) companies.
- Sonoro is also planning to commence a 7,000 m in-fill and resource expansion drill program in Q1-2020.
Visit Sonoro Gold Corp. page for more research, discussion boards and to like, and share.