- Q2 revenue was up 108% YoY to $4.2M, but 3% lower than our estimate. EPS improved YoY, from -$0.04 to $0.001, but was 22% lower than our estimate. Revenue and EPS increased amid increased Bitcoin/BTC mining activity, and hosting services for third-party crypto miners.
- SATO mined 29 BTC in Q2-2023 vs 12 in Q2-2022. Mining costs were down 3% YoY to $26k/BTC vs the current BTC price of $36k.
- SATO has a contractual agreement for 20 MW of renewable power with Hydro Joliette/Quebec, valid until 2028, to support 540 PHs (peta hash per second, or 0.54 EHs) of BTC mining hash rate (defined as calculations performed per second).
- Currently, the global hash rate of Bitcoin is 390 EHs (up 82% YoY), implying a 0.14% market share for SATO. Note that the chances of validating a transaction and earning a token decrease with rising hash rates.
- This report is currently available to premium subscribers – Free subscribers will gain access on Sep 26th, 2022 Join as a FREE member and get our research report delivered straight to your inbox, with a seven-day delay
Visit SATO Technologies Corp. page for more research, discussion boards and to like, and share.
Are you enjoying the highlights?
Discover the company's fair value estimate from our certified analysts, identify potential risks, and explore exciting upcoming catalysts in our detailed report.