- Formed in 2017, and operating out of Kansas, HG is commercializing a patented technology (Hyperion), capable of producing high-purity graphene in large-scale. The company went public through an IPO in 2021.
- Discovered in 2014, graphene is the thinnest/lightest/strongest material known. It is five times lighter than aluminium, and 200 times stronger than steel, and harder than diamond. Graphene has a wide range of applications in sectors such as energy, transportation, aerospace, electronics, lubricants, coating, and specialty chemicals. Grand View Research estimates the global graphene market could grow from $176M in 2022, to $3.8B by 2030, reflecting a CAGR of 47%.
- Key advantages of HG’s Hyperion system vs other graphene production technologies are relatively low COGS (direct expenses)/CAPEX, and ability to produce consistent/uniform high- purity graphene in large-scale. Unlike several existing technologies, Hyperion does not use graphite to produce graphene, but relies on readily available gases (oxygen and acetylene) as inputs.
- Third-party tests have confirmed that HG can produce high-purity graphene consistently. HG is the only North American producer certified by the Graphene Council. A major advantage of Hyperion is that it is compact and modular, allowing easy transportation and deployment.
- HG has sent samples to 40+ potential customers in North America/Europe/Asia for a wide range of applications. Management expects to enter into supply agreements, and receive initial sales orders in H1-2024.
- Each Hyperion unit can produce 10 tonnes of graphene per year (initial CAPEX: $250k). Management is aiming to build 50+ units, implying an annual capacity of 500 tonnes per year (tpy), or 4% of the global graphene market. We believe these units can potentially generate $100M in annual revenue.
- Upcoming catalysts include initial sales orders, commercial production, and rising awareness of the benefits of graphene.
- Unlock immediate access to this report as a Premium subscriber, or join as a Free member to receive our high-quality research report in your inbox just a week later, starting June 22, 2023. Enhance your knowledge, and elevate your insights – start your journey with us today.
Get Immediate Access to the Report by Signing up for a Free FRC Membership
Already a member? Sign In
What People Are Saying
19:11 28 Jul 23
Excellent information: One question for analysts- Q: good/silver producers now buying opportunity- which have good profit/cash flow that will protect from further downside ?? Many thanks
10:40 09 Jul 22
FRC' provides insightful and useful research reports. Their reports have drawn my attention to several interesting stocks that I would otherwise may have missed. They have a premium paid-for service, but I use their free reports when available, as that is sufficient for my purposes.
02:11 07 Jul 22
I truly love getting e-mails from this company, it's a one of kind research organization. They go in depth with great detail about the company's they report on. Most other financial/business services that send e-mails are mostly junk. They send stuff about Bit-coin/Crashed, High-Tech/Crashed, Bonds/Crashed, or listening to an hour long lecture, with no ability to fast forword and then they demand money at the end etc. Not FRC they stick to the basics, writing excellent articles on companies that have a great opportunity to become very profitable in the future.
19:48 29 Jun 22
I have a great time reading FRC reports. They clearly know what they're talking about!
06:41 25 Jun 22
FRC has a good approach to fundamental analysis of companies and the industry. I like the 1st page of the analysis that highlights major issues about the company and the industry, and provides an outlook of performance. The risk level is another important aspect of the analysis for risk-averse investors and readers, making the analysis insightful.
20:41 24 Jun 22
Fundamental Research Corp has been my go-to source for no-nonsense information for several years. I really appreciate the high level of detail they provide in all their articles and reports. Keep up the great work!
19:05 24 Jun 22
I utilize their reports often, the depth and format are both excellent. I highly recommend FRC for anyone that wants to gain company-specific research in nascent and established areas alike.
15:47 21 Jun 22
Glad I subscribe. FRC has been an objective source of analyst-curated data and evidence-based advice. Their analysts are ranked as high as big five bank analysts, but you get their analysts recommendations presented in a concierge format. I am hoping FRC will start to offer personalized investment advice services soon so I can keep up with these crazy markets