For Investors and Advisors
Access to Analysts and Industry Experts
Although we do not provide individual-specific or tailored investment advice, subscribers, financial advisors and their clients, have access to our analysts and industry experts should they wish to discuss research reports, companies, industries, and/or have questions about anything we have published.
Fundamental Research Corp. provides individual and institutional investors, and financial advisors, with high-quality industry, and company specific research reports. We issue both equity research reports on public companies and reports on exempt market securities. The quality of our research is maintained by pairing highly qualified analysts and industry experts. For example, for companies in the mining sector, we utilize a team consisting of a geologist and one of our financial analysts. We only use fundamental analysis, and our investment style is value-oriented.
Public Companies and Exempt Market Securities
In general we look for companies that are trading at attractive valuations, have demonstrated the ability to earn profits, generate free cash flow, and have a modest capital structure. We will also cover more speculative issues if we determine that the risk/ expected reward trade-off is favourable.
Research may be commissioned by a wide range of entities including investors, issuers, and institutions. To learn more about the improvements of our research model over more traditional forms of research, visit Be in the Know! Our independence is maintained by:
- Having no banking or brokerage business with companies under coverage; our focus is strictly on research
- Setting and collecting research fees in advance
- Adopting the CFA Institute’s Standards of Professional Conduct and Code of Ethics
- Prohibiting analysts from trading in any security under coverage
- Protecting our editorial control over research, timing of release, and release of liability for negative reports by contract
Our subscribers receive real-time access to all research. After a period of time, the reports are made available to delayed users for a limited period. You can find announcements of research as it becomes available on:
- Financial Sites tracking analyst actions such as Stockhouse.ca, Proactiveinvestors.com and others
- First Call
- or by becoming a subscriber
You can also find our research on:
- Major Institutional Delivery Channels: Thomson, Reuters, FactSet, Citigroupgeo, FactSet, and Capital IQ
- Our website
- Through various third party brokers
Research coverage of companies by brokerages and investment banks is dropping. Fundamental Research Corp is committed to providing independent research which is especially crucial in the areas of small and micro caps, and exempt market securities, where it is essential to have a professional opinion.