- In September 2019, Giga Metals Corporation (“company”, “Giga”) announced an updated resource estimate on its 100% owned Turnagain project in northern B.C.
- Giga’s shares are up 131% since we initiated coverage in May 2018.
- The updated estimate showed a measured and indicated resource of 5.21 Blbs of nickel (0.22%) and 312 Mlbs of cobalt (0.013%), and an inferred resource of 5.47 Blbs of nickel (0.22%) and 327 Mlbs of cobalt (0.013%).
- Relative to the previous estimate calculated in 2011, the updated measured and indicated contained nickel is up 28%, and the updated inferred contained nickel is up 27% Contained cobalt is up 24% and 17%, respectively.
- Turnagain remains one of the largest undeveloped nickel-cobalt sulphide deposits in the world. The company is now conducting engineering studies to potentially lower the project’s initial CAPEX of $1.36 billion estimated in the 2011 Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”). The PEA had showed an after-tax Net Present Value (“NPV”) at 10% of $724 million, based on a nickel price of $8.50/lb, and cobalt price of $14/lb.
- Previous metallurgical test work has indicated that the project can reliably produce clean concentrates grades in the range of 18% – 22% nickel and >1% cobalt, that can be upgraded to high purity for use in lithium ion batteries.
- At the end of Q2-2019, the company had a healthy working capital of C$4.53 million.
Visit Giga Metals Corporation page for more research, discussion boards and to like, and share.
Are you enjoying the highlights?
Discover the company's fair value estimate from our certified analysts, identify potential risks, and explore exciting upcoming catalysts in our detailed report.