- On December 3, 2019, CIBT announced an agreement to sell one of its properties for $70 million. CIBT will enter into a master lease agreement with the purchaser to continue operating the property under the GEC brand. The project name was undisclosed.
- In FY2019, revenues decreased 5% YOY, to $70.99 million, but beat our $70.57 million estimate. Revenues declined due to a 66% YoY drop in development fees; the company continued to report growth in the other two key segments (Educational and Rental).
- EBITDA was $6 million in FY2019 (our estimate was $5 million), versus $13 million in FY2018. EBITDA, excluding development fees, was up 211% YoY to $1.65 million. Note that the company’s reported figures are slightly different from our calculations.
- At the end of FY2019, the company had $15 million in cash. Debt to capital was at 43%.
- We believe the Vancouver residential market is showing signs of stabilization, which will likely further tighten the city’s rental market, boosting our outlook on CIBT’s student housing projects.
Visit CIBT Education Group Inc. page for more research, discussion boards and to like, and share.