- For Q3-2019, Biome Grow Inc. (“Biome”, “company”) reported revenue of $1.44 million, a QoQ increase of 7%. The company shipped approximately 192 kg of dried cannabis flower at an average selling price per gram of $7.49 versus 170 kg of dried cannabis flower at an average selling price per gram of $7.86 in Q2-2019. We are revising our 2019 and 2020 revenue forecasts to $5.13 million (previously $11.27 million) and $15.57 million (previously $40.20 million), respectively. This is due to the company’s shift in business direction to be an asset-light cannabis wholesaler rather than a cannabis cultivator.
- Stabilization in Gross Margin: Q3-2019 gross margin was 43% (Q2-2019: 44%). Due to revenue revisions, we are revising our 2019 and 2020 gross margin forecasts to 43.64% (previously 36.56%) and 31.68% (previously 64.32%), respectively.
- Increase in SG&A Expense: Q3-2019 SG&A expenses were $1.78 million, a QoQ increase of 32%. The large increase in SG&A expenses QoQ were primarily attributed to greater professional fees and salaries and wages. We are revising our 2019 SG&A expense forecast higher to $6.16 million (previously $5.70 million). Due to changes made to revenue for 2020, we are revising our 2020 SG&A expense forecast to $6.75 million (previously $12.06 million).
- Q3-2019 EBITDA was -$1.15 million (Q2-2019 EBITDA was -$0.75 million). Earnings for Q3-2019 and Q2-2019 were -$1.48 million (EPS: -$0.01) and -$0.77 million (EPS: -$0.01), respectively. Our revised 2019 and 2020 earnings forecasts are -$4.18 million (EPS: -$0.04) and -$3.35 million (EPS: -$0.02), respectively. Our previous 2019 and 2020 earnings forecasts were -$1.89 million (EPS: -$0.01) and $10.34 million (EPS: $0.05), respectively.
- The company now has a distribution channel to the provinces of (1) Newfoundland and Labrador, (2) Nova Scotia, (3) Saskatchewan, (4) New Brunswick, (5) Manitoba and (6) Prince Edward Island.
Visit Biome Grow Inc. page for more research, discussion boards and to like, and share.