Fundamental Research Corp is an independent equity research firm. We provide our subscribers with the highest quality fundamental research on smaller cap companies from a value-based perspective.
Full Stack Software Engineer
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to produce scalable software solutions. We want to build fast performing systems that will impress both internal and external customers – from e-commerce customers to corporate clients – with its responsiveness and robustness, backed by leadership who knows how to make it happen. We are in the process of transforming this industry leading business into the next technology disruptor by hyper focusing on Customer Experience and delivering high value to our customers. If you are an independent self-starter, motivated individual who loves solving complex problems and challenges, and thrive working in a collaborative environment, then we want you to be a part of our team.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you are well-versed around both front-end and back-end code. You are capable of building fast performing platforms that impress customers with its responsiveness and ease of use; You are an agent of change with a bias to action and are hardworking; You enjoy problem solving and are unafraid to ask questions; you rise to the occasion by learning things quickly; You focus on what matters most and accept feedback as a growth learning opportunity. You are organized and have great attention to detail.
· Build mobile and desktop friendly web applications through appealing visual design and functional user experience.
· Developing back end services
· Developing full web solutions, front and back end
· Working alongside graphic designers and product owners for web design features.
· Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
· Designing and developing APIs.
· Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
· Conduct diligent testing of software to ensure the quality of code delivered.
· Respond and address production issues in a timely manner.
· Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
· At least 5+ years experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role, preferably on systems with a high number of concurrent users
· Experience integrating with SQL databases.
· Experience integrating with REST APIs and SOAP APIs
· Experience with building secure and scalable web platforms on WordPress.
· Experience with building and maintaining custom WordPress plugins.
· Experience with implementing, modifying, and maintaining custom WordPress themes
· Expert knowledge of PHP is preferred.
· Familiarity with e-commerce and subscription model products.
· Strong awareness of security throughout the design and development lifecycle.
· Great understanding of Systems Architecture and Design.
· Knowledge of back-end languages such as Java and/or C# is an asset.
· Experience with CRM and Marketing Automation tools is an asset.
· Familiarity with web servers and AWS is an asset.
Application deadline: 2021-09-17
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC (required)